Monday, November 07, 2005

Getting to know me...

I figure since I spend most of my day either taking a nap, playing video games, or watching T.V., I’ve decided to make my own blog. Danny B. is my inspiration and if you haven’t read his blog you should because it’s freakin’ great.... www.danbu.blogspot.com. Unlike Danny’s blog, mine will be covered with spelling mistakes and jokes that only me and my friends get. But I really don’t care.
So let me tell you something about me. My name is Mike but everyone calls me Lunchbox so I would appreciate being called Lunchbox. If you ever met me or if you ever meet me in the future you will understand why I am called Lunchbox. I am 19 years of age, I go to SUNY Cortland, I consider myself very close to my family which I love especially my brothers, and I have had the same girlfriend for almost 3 years now.(a fact that I am very happy about). I love her too. Most of the time I just hangout with my friends and drink. I have a very low GPA and I am hanging on to my college career by a thread. I know I can do better but I don’t feel that I am ready to step up my game. I think it is a horrible idea to make someone who has been alive for only 19 years (about 4 of which I have been capable of thinking about a career) decide what they want to do for the next 50. It just isn’t fair. I haven’t experienced nearly enough to decide. I have had a couple of jobs fit for a teenager but nothing with any substance that I could do for the rest of my life. This summer I was a pool man. I thought this job was awesome. I go in at 7:30 in the morning, clean about 12 pools a day in the sun, take an hour for lunch with a cool group of guys, my boss likes me, it isn’t very difficult, and I’m home in time to take a nap if I needed to refresh myself before going out that night. Anyone could do it. I’d do it for the rest of my life if $10 an hour could support me, my wife, and the kids I plan on having. But I know it obviously won’t. The only things that I have experienced are going to school, and drinking. I don’t want to be a bartender and I don’t know if I would enjoy being a teacher. I should ask all the grownups I know (parents of my friend, uncle’s, etc.) to take me to work with them. Then I could hopefully assess my situation and decide what I want to do. Well that’s pretty much me in a nutshell and to finish my first blog I will leave you with a great quote from the movie "Say Anything":
"I don't want to sell anything, buy anything, or process anything as a career. I don't want to sell anything bought or processed, or buy anything sold or processed, or process anything sold, bought, or processed, or repair anything sold, bought, or processed. You know, as a career, I don't want to do that."
P.S.- I also want a kind of dog called a Puggle. Google it if you don’t know what it is. It is a mix of a pug and a beagle and it is a pretty sweet dog. Just letting everyone know before christmas.

2 Comments:

Blogger Nettie said...

Welcome to the blogosphere, Sir Lunchbox!

Mon Nov 07, 06:09:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can not believe you made one of these....you are such a weirdo!love you!!! -Shannon

Tue Nov 08, 07:20:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home